Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Text Anxiety No More


Hey there, friends! 

If you are in college, you have been, or you've known someone who has or is, you know that exams are hard core STRESSORS. Like really, if I am being 100% honest, exams have a way of sucking all of the fun and happiness out of your life. 

Well...test anxiety no more.



With midterms right around the corner, I am determined to not let the pressures and stresses of school weigh me down. Instead, I am going to put my hope in the word of the Lord with 10 of my favorite, most encouraging Bible verses. 

#1: John 14:1  “Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God, trust also in me.”

#2: Isaiah 40: 30,31  “Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

#3: Philippians 4:6,7.  “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

#4: 1 Peter 5: 6,7  “Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”

#5: Proverbs 16:9  “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”

#6:  James 1: 2-4  “Consider it pur joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”

#7: Matthew 11: 28-30  “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

#8: Jeremiah 17: 7,8. “But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.  He will be like a tree planted by the water and sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”

#9: Proverbs 16:9  “In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.”

#10: Psalm 46: 1-3  “God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and mountains quake and with their surging.”

I hope you find comfort in these verses in times of trial and stress!

Blessings! 

Maddie





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO