Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Oh Hey There September

Well hello there September! Nice to finally have you and all of your beauty back!

I adore September with my whole heart. It is the anticipation of football season, Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks and jean weather that really puts some extra pep in my step when kicking off the school year. In general, September has a way of making me feel extra productive! With that being said, I chose September to start jotting down my monthly goals. 



My Goals for September: 


#1. So far this month I have started every morning off by reading my one year Bible, digging into my favorite devotional, Jesus Calling and sipping on some hazelnut coffee. Man alive does it start my day off on just the right foot! My goal this month is to keep starting my mornings off with Jesus and a cup of coffee.

#2. It is my senior year at Purdue and I really, really want to embrace every single moment of it. That being said, I have to get myself to at least one football game. Boiler Up!!

#3. Do 5 random acts of kindness. Why? Because this month I want to focus on putting others before myself and making sure the people around me know how truly special they are.

#4. Drink a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. I think I cheated a little by making this one of my goals because it isn't stretching me very far. Maybe I will treat a friend to one too!

#5. Run outside at least 10 times. I really need to get myself into a daily workout routine. Fall weather is so cool and crisp. My goal is to enjoy the beautiful scenery and run outside 10 times this month.

#6. Apply for Grad School. Not only is this a goal, but it is necessary that I finish this is September because most of the deadlines are in early October. I need to step it up on this goal this month and make it my number one priority.

#7. Do something sweet for Dave. Dave deserves like 500 million sweet things a day because he is just the most selfless and loving man out there. But my goal this month is to surprise him with something sweet to remind him of how thankful I am for all he does for me. 

#8. Finish the coffee table. Dave, myself, and my grandparents starting building an adorable window frame coffee table, but summer went by too quickly and we had to rush back to Purdue and never got to completely finish it. My goal this month is to put legs on it and paint it white. So anxious to see the finish project!

#9. Buy one Christmas present. My love for Christmas is probably borderline insane. Finals this year end on December 21st which gives me no time at all to go Christmas shopping. So to prevent myself from freaking out during finals week, I am going to try and do a little premature shopping this year and I am starting off this month with a goal of purchasing one gift.

#10. Keep up on laundry. The struggle is real people. I despise laundry, everything about it. This hatred leads me to neglecting it day after day until the heaping pile contains every article of clothing I own. This month I am going to buckle down and keep up with my laundry by doing it once a week.

So what're you goals for September?

Have a wonderful Wednesday, Friends!

Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO