Monday, October 20, 2014

The Early Bird Gets the Worm

Ever heard the saying, "The Early Bird Gets the Worm"? Well I live by this philosophy. I am such a morning person. I love the mornings. I thrive best in the mornings. I am productive in the mornings. I am happy in the mornings. I just love the mornings. 


There are so many reasons why I feel like getting up in the morning is beneficial for me. And so many reasons why I continue to do it even amongst my crazy college sleep schedule.

Here are some of my top reasons why I feel like everyone should become a morning person:

#1. Being an early riser can make you more proactive.
I love having enough time in the mornings to sit down and write my goals for the day. This has become a huge motivator for me to get those must dos checked off of the list.

#2. It is overall just less stressful. 
I hate being late and I hate feeling rushed. By getting up early in the mornings it allows me plenty of time to casually get ready in the morning without feeling frantic. Starting your day off with anxiety and stress is not the way to go.

#3. I have plenty of time to make myself a healthy breakfast & a cup of joe.
Healthy foods give me more energy. More energy makes me feel more cheerful and optimistic. Sounds like a win to me! So another reason I make myself roll out of bed at the crack of dawn is because it allows me to fix myself a healthy breakfast and enjoy it while watching a snippet of the news. And of course, no morning would be complete without a cup of coffee, no matter what time you start your day...know what I'm saying? ;)

#4. Quite time with Jesus.
This right here is the real motivator that overcomes my daily desires to snooze my alarm. Starting my day with Jesus is literally the best way I could possible start any day. It honestly gives me so much encouragement to spend time in God's word. It clears my mind and gives me a fresh perspective on each day. I will be blogging about my morning "quite time" routine soon so stay tuned!

#5. An opportunity to get my fitness on.
Waking up early allows you to get in that workout that you are too tired to complete after a long day of classes or work. It really does make all of the difference in the world if I am motivated to get my workout out of the way before the rest of my day begins. It also helps me to wake up too!


These are just a few reasons why I love getting up early. Who's going to join me in the 6 a.m. club? I guarantee you will love being an early bird too! ;)

Happy Monday everyone! :)



1 comment:

  1. Can you please teach me how to be a morning person!!!! I can't get myself out of bed before 8.. My goal is 6 because I feel like I could get so much done..but it never happens lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO