Wednesday, October 22, 2014

All About Giving Up Control

Today's post is all about giving up control. I will admit that this is something that is VERY, very hard for me. I like to know my future and know exactly how I am going to get there. I hate the unknown, and honestly, the unknown scares me.

Last week I talked about my proposal story & I still am on cloud 9 about it! I have never been more excited or sure about anything! I am so blessed to be marrying David! 

But along with planning a wedding & snatching up the perfect husband, there are a lot of other decisions that need to be made as well. Where are we going to live? Will we rent a house or buy one? Where will David complete his pharmacy rotations? Where will I find a job? The list goes on and on and on and on.

These are all questions that have recently been weighing on my heart. I know that each choice we make will carve out our future in one way or another. If I am rational and really think about it, I have no doubt that it will all turn out okay because I am walking through this journey with David and God and what could be more comforting or encouraging? But being the control freak that I am, I am really struggling to let go and let God. 

God really does know what is on your heart at all times & he always finds a way to speak to you to let you know he is there and he is going to take care of you.

Just when I was about to breakdown today, Hillsong's From the Inside Out starting playing on my Pandora. To listen to it click here.


These lyrics spoke directly to me. My prayer is that I can give up all control and be consumed by Jesus and put my complete trust in him. 

And if that wasn't a direct sign to let go and let God, my morning passage in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young was absolutely remarkable. 

Jesus Calling daily (October 22):
"No matter what your circumstances may be, you can find Joy in My Presence. On some days Joy is generously strewn along your life-path, glistening in the sunlight. On days like that, being content is as simple as breathing the next breath or taking the next step. Other days are overcast and gloomy; you feel the strain of the journey, which seems endless. Dull gray rocks greet your gaze and cause your feet to ache. Yet Joy is still attainable. Search for it as for hidden treasure.
Begin by remembering that I have created this day; it is not a chance occurrence. Recall that I am present with you whether you sense My Presence or not. Then, start talking with Me about whatever is on your mind. Rejoice in the fact that I understand you perfectly, and I know exactly what you are experiencing. As you continue communicating with me, your mood will gradually lighten. Awareness of My marvelous Companionship can infuse Joy into the grayest day."
{Psalm 21:6; Proverbs 2:4}


So from now on, I am giving up control. I am done worrying about things that I cannot predict nor determine the answer. David and I are putting our hope and trust in the Lord as we make a lot of tough decisions throughout the next year. After all, this is the most exciting time in our life so we are going to embrace every moment of it & continue thanking and praising God for blessing us with one another!

Do you have things in your life where you just need to surrender and let go and let God? 

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this post. I am not good at letting go either, but I loved the Jesus Calling Daily passage! Also, I can't wait to listen to that song!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO