Wednesday, January 20, 2016

DIY WINE (OR SANGRIA) & CANVAS PARTY

Are you hooked on adult coloring books, yet? It truly has become one of my favorite past times. There is just something about art that has a tendency to soothe the soul. One evening while sipping my favorite Sleepy Time blueberry green tea, I was coloring away and pondering of inexpensive, yet exciting things that I could entertain my friends with while they were visiting this past weekend. With the craziness and upbeat pace the holiday season can sometimes bring, I decided I wanted a low key activity, that still had a flare of fun attached. You know, something where I could wear my mismatched pj's at 8pm and still feel like I was doing something that wouldn't define me as an 80 year old.

I remembered back to a few winters ago when I was visiting my freshman year roommate in Indianapolis. We went to Wine and Canvas and had a blast.

Have you heard of Wine and Canvas before? They are perfect for bachelorette parties, date nights, or just a fun reason to get together with all of your besties. Each person gets their own canvas and lots of paint (& wine if you choose!).

There is an artist that takes you step by step through the painting process and somehow most every piece of art in the room looking like Piccaso painted it. It truly is incredible-as you can see above, I was the exception to the norm, but Jessica's turned out great!

I knew I was in no position to teach my friends how to paint, and when you see my final painting, you'll know why. #lookslikeiwasblindfolded #andmayhaveusedmyfeettopaintit

But what I did know was how much fun it truly was and how easy I thought it would be to recreate a similar atmosphere.  I grabbed a light pink plastic table cloth, my pre-exising paint supplies, purchased four canvases and paint palettes, and was basically ready to go.






Paint samples are a free and easy way to tie in the theme throughout the party. They worked perfectly as utensil and napkin holders & I also used them for....

Place cards! I stacked a canvas, a palate to hold paint, and a personalized name card for each guest and tied it with a tweed bow and placed them at each seat around the table. An inexpensive way to make guest feel a little more welcomed. 

I made this tasty beverage the night before and let it chill in the fridge until we were ready to start painting. The recipe for this sangria is super simple.

In a pitcher, mix together the following:
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of water 
1 bottle of dry red wine
1/2 cup of brandy
1 cup of pomegranate juice
1 whole orange, sliced
1 whole apple, sliced
1 cup of strawberries, sliced 


The night was so much fun and was just as relaxing as I had hoped it would be! This is a party I would definitely love to throw again in the future! 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a delightful day! 













3 comments:

  1. I love the paint swatches as a place card - such a fun touch!! Looks like a really fun night! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have still never been to one of those wine and painting parties, and they look like so much fun! Loving the paint swatch place cards, such a cute idea <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you recreated this - the little touches like the paint swatches are too cute! We did one of these classes and they really are such fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO