Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Everyone!!! 

The weekend is finally here!!! I am kicking off the excitement with another link-up of Friday Favorites with some of my favorite bloggers. Check out Andrea's blog called MomfessionalsErika's blog called A Little Bit of Everything, and Narci's blog called Grace and Love. Their blogs are so inspiring and they are a must have read! 


I don't think I have ever been so excited for the weekend as I am right now. This past week has been packed full of obligations and fun and I am looking forward to some peaceful and relaxing moments in the next few days. Even if my weekend is consumed with homework, pandora and coffee, I think I will be more content than ever. 

So, on to my Friday favorites!!!

#1. CHRISTMAS CUPS AT STARBUCKS. I REPEAT, CHRISTMAS CUPS AT STARBUCKS.



I understand that my obsession with Starbucks Christmas Cups could be enough to throw me in a psych ward for the rest of my life, but in all honesty, as crazy and irrational as it sounds, coffee just taste better when I drink it out of a Christmas cup. When Christmas cups come out, it is like the world is giving me full permission to enter into full Christmas spirit mode and nothing makes my little heart pitter patter more. So with that being said, Christmas cups are by far my favorite and the fact that Starbucks debuted their first ever cold drink Christmas cup this year is my favorite this week too!    

#2. Buffalo Chicken Dip is a total Favorite. 


Okay, BCD is a staple in my life. I am convinced that no mixture of ingredients can ever have the capability of creating such a delicious and addicting combination. Buffalo Chicken Dip literally makes my taste buds do a happy dance. My hips are unfortunately not as lucky because it turns out that an excessive amount of ranch, canned chicken, and cream cheese can only do so much for your figure. In my eyes however, packing on the pounds for winter with BCD is totally justifiable.

And because I love you all so much, I can't deprive you of this life changing experience, so here is the recipe for BCD:

Ingredients

1 (8 oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened 

1/2 cup FRANK'S® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK'S® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce 

1/2 cup bleu cheese or ranch dressing 

2 cups shredded cooked chicken 

1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese or your favorite shredded cheese 

Directions

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. 
COMBINE all ingredients in a 1-quart baking dish.
BAKE 20 min. or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.

(Source: here)

#3. "You Make Me Brave" by Bethel Music is most definitely a favorite this week. 

(source: here)

There are some songs that literally just speak directly to me and fill my heart with so much emotion. This song has been on repeat all week and I have no intentions of stopping it. So grateful for a God that makes us brave. 

This is one of my favorite verses in the song: 
"You called me out upon the shores into the waves, no fear can hinder now the promises you made."

To listen to this song click here.

#4. Andrea's Whats On Your: Bucket List link up this week was so fun & was a favorite! 


To see what is on my bucket list click here.

#5. Friends getting hitched & my little fur vest are my favs.


 My sweet friend from high school, Sam married the love of her life last week. The wedding was absolutely stunning and I could not be happier for the beautiful couple and the Christ centered marriage they have! But the wedding obviously would not have been complete without my adorable fur vest...okay, I may be biased, but I am obsessing over it.

David said to me last week, "Is that thing new, because you wear it ALL of the time now." 

Why yes David, "it is new" and, "why yes David, I wear it all of the time and will continue to wear it all winter because fur is a neutral and is necessary with every outfit I wear from here on out." 

I'm to the point that someone is going to have to peel it off of me in order for me to take it off. As much as I hate to admit it, Dave may be right about me excessively wearing this thing, but when something is so cute, it's hard to stray away from it! Girls, don't you agree?

Target has these vest in three colors. To purchase one for yourself click here. I promise you, you won't regret it ;)


Happy weekend everyone! I hope you find it rejuvenating! :)  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this list of favorites!! Can't wait to listen to the song and also I'm cracking up at the part about Christmas. If they send you to a psych ward, I want to come too. I'll bring some seasonal candles & we can help decorate the place. Hahaha :) Hope you have the peaceful weekend you deserve, Mads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO