Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday

My sweet bestie Addie and I are kicking off our Thursday with lots of thankfulness! 
If you are anything like me you know how hectic life can be. Sometimes I lose sight of the many blessings, big and small, that fill my life with so much joy everyday. 

I love Thankful Thursday because it forces me to reflect on the many positives throughout the week and allows me to truly be thankful for the beauty amongst life's craziness. 

There are so many things that I am thankful for this week, but there is one that stands above all of the others. 

I have always had a passion for children, especially children with disabilities. 
I firmly believe that the ability to play is crucial to the social and physical development of all children. Children with physical and cognitive challenges have the same desires to build strength, increase social skills, and test their abilities as do children without disabilities. While we as a society might not be able to find all the cures that are needed, we can do something to fix the world around them. 

I have been working on a project for a little over three years to build an all inclusive, accessible play environment that allows all children to feel like they belong in my small little hometown. The town has been in desperate need of a playground the suites every child in the community and allows youngsters of all capabilities to interact with one another.

I am so thankful this week for SDI who graciously closed our fundraising gap and donated $25,000. The news was announced at the City Council meeting this Tuesday evening and I could not be more overjoyed or blessed. God is good. My community is good. 

Here is the Columbia City Park director presenting the project and final check to the community. 

I am teary eyed thinking about all of the generosity and love from members of the community who have supported this project and who have encouraged me throughout the way. 


I can't wait to see this gem of a playground being played on! So extra thankful this week.


What are you thankful for this week? 




3 comments:

  1. I love this; I love reflecting on all the good instead of the bad and giving thanks! The playground sounds so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie! I LOVE this! I got teary eyed reading this because it is just so amazing! I'm so proud of you and can't wait until Every Kids Dreamland is up and ready to be used and enjoyed by all children. You have such a wonderful heart... LOVE YOU :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a gracious and beautiful heart! Thank you for making the world a better place! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO