Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday

My sweet bestie Addie and I are kicking off our Thursday with lots of thankfulness! 
If you are anything like me you know how hectic life can be. Sometimes I lose sight of the many blessings, big and small, that fill my life with so much joy everyday. 

I love Thankful Thursday because it forces me to reflect on the many positives throughout the week and allows me to truly be thankful for the beauty amongst life's craziness. 

Here are just a few of the things that I am thankful for this week:

#1. Date Nights With My Man

My love language is most definitely quality time. I can't even believe I am saying this, but David could seriously buy me a million pairs of Tom wedges and caramel lattes from Starbucks (and I would be thankful of course), but I would rather spend a few hours chatting with him and joking around.

I love this.

This semester our schedules are polar opposite and we really don't get a whole lot of time to spend with each other outside of studying at the library and going to church, so this week I am EXTRA thankful for a Friday night date night with my main squeeze. 

We went out to dinner and then to see Sister Act on Broadway. Can I get an amen?



#2. Family Time 

Remember that quality time thing I was just talking about? Well the rule applies to my family as well. I cherish some time spent with my fam bam too! I am thankful for the love they bless me with daily and the wonderful support system and stability that they constantly give me. 

David and I met my parents, my brother & his girl friend and my sister & her bestie in Indianapolis on Sunday for a little lunch date and to watch the Pacers play against the Philadelphia 76ers. It was pure bliss getting to spend the day with the ones I love the most. 


#3. Pinterest Inspiration
I try really hard to think about what the world was like before Pinterest and I honestly just can't remember. I have no idea how people planned weddings or dressed themselves. It stuns me really. 

I am so thankful for a place where people can share their ideas, their passions, and their creativity for all of the world to see.

I will be the first to admit that I spend WAYYY too much time on Pinterest than I would like to admit, and I have an excessive amount of boards, but hey, it's cheaper than retail therapy, so I think I will continue obsessing over it until it gets to the point where I stop showering and eating because of it. 

Here are some of my favorite boards on my Pinterest.



#4. The Ability To Dream 
What kind of life would it be if we didn't have the ability to dream about our future and all of hopes and desires? 



A few months ago, I blogged all about my Dream Board. It is a simple DIY cork board that I use as a place to store pictures of all of my dreams. I have it hanging right above my desk as a constant reminder of why I do what I do. Life is hard sometimes, but my Dream Board pictures give me motivation to keep pushing through the hard times. 


I am thankful for passion, devotion, love, and desire that ignite my desire to dream about the future.

I dream to...
own my own business.
travel outside of the country.
get my masters degree.
be a wife.
be a mom.
adopt a child.
host an exchange student.
visit all 50 states.
start my own nonprofit organization.

To read more about my dreams check out my Bucket List.

What are your dreams for the future? 

#5. My Readers 
Friends, I am so thankful for you! Truly, my blog would not be the same without each one of you and your support. I am so thankful for this happy place of mine and the ability to share something I love so much, with all of my friends! 



What are you thankful for this week? 

Much love, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO