Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Mini Morning Quiche

I found myself rushing around in the morning and only having time to grab a granola bar on my way out the door. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some granola, but it got real old real fast. That's when my genius "sister-in-law to be" suggested that I make mini quiches! 


These suckers have changed my life! I am finally eating a breakfast that is beyond tasty & the best part is it's quick and easy on the go, too! 


Here's how you can whip these mini morning quiches up in less than 35 minutes! 


Your Grochery List: 
Olive oil or coconut oil 
1 red onion
1 tomato
1 green pepper
5 slices of bacon 
A dozen eggs
1/2 tsp of salt
A small can of mushrooms
2 garlic gloves 
1/3 cup of milk of choice
3 oz. of shredded cheese
1/8 tsp of black pepper
1/3 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of finely chopped cilantro or baby spinach


Directions: 
Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees
 Grease or use non-stick spray on a muffin tin.
(I used a mini square brownie pan)
 Put a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil in a skillet pan and sauté your choice of meat (I chose bacon) over medium.  While sautéing I threw in teaspoon of minced garlic and a dash of salt to help season the bacon. 

Once I sauté bacon I always place it on a paper towel to soak up all of the fatty juices. 

Next dice up your veggies!

 I chose to use tomatoes, green peppers, mushrooms and red onions, but the options are ENDLESS! The more the merrier! Mix in all of your favs to personalize your mini morning quiches to suit your fancy! 

Throw it all in a mixing bowl! 

Look how pretty the layers look! 

Mix in the bacon and stir stir stir! 

Now grab a dozen eggs, a whisk, and another mixing bowl/measuring cup!


Crack those eggs and get to whisking! 

Once the eggs are whisked together, add in the milk, flour, salt and pepper and continue whisking until smooth. 

Then add the cheese and the veggie/meat mixture to the bowl and mix until your heart desires! 

You are ALMOST DONE! Fill each of the little compartments 3/4 of the way full with your yummy concoction.

Pop the baking tray in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until firm.


When they're done, they should rise similar to this!

You can store these in ziplock bags and place them in the freezer, or if you're like me, you can store 5 in a glass container in the fridge so you have one for every day of the work week! 


The finished product! 




Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those look fabulous!! I need to try this because I usually end up skipping breakfast because I don't give myself enough time! Also your veggies look perfect organized so neatly on your cutting board! Love you Mads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that these are mini! So perfect and they look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me! I love to hear from you! Your comment will not appear immediately. I have to approve it first. It will show up in no time though, promise!
XOXO