What is it that makes you push harder than you thought you could? Is it your spouse, your children, your desire for a successful career, or your desire to live a healthy lifestyle? What is your motivator? Whether health and wellness, your career, your family, your friends, whatever, it is important to uncover the purpose behind why you are doing something in order to do it well and to continue to preserve when things get hard.
Today, I am going to touch base on my battle with running. I always started my run out with great intentions and the first mile or so would fly by fairly easily, but when mile 3 came and I started to feel a burn in my legs, I quickly began to give up and let crazy thoughts take over my head.
"just stop, you've done all you can do" "this is way too hard for me" "this isn't worth the pain"
It wasn't until I consciously thought about my monthly fit goals and my motivators that I truly developed enough courage and maturity to push through my exercises, despite their toughness.
simple sheet that I fill out monthly. It allows me to think about my monthly motivators and my monthly goals.
My Motivation is:
1. It makes me feel good and gives me better self confidence
2. I want to live a healthy lifestyle so I can be a supportive wife and someday mother
3. I want to look good for my husband
My Goals This Month Are:
1. Exercise at least 4 days a week for 30 minutes each
2. Try a Barre class at my local gym
3. One day a week run a minimum of 3 miles consecutively
4. Include abs and strengthening workouts into my exercises
5. Walk Bentley (my pup) every evening for at least 30 minutes
And last but not least, here is a little more motivation to kick off your Monday!